Saturday, August 11, 2012

First week of Orientation

Sorry I can't get any of the videos to upload, I'll keep working on that. It has been a long week here in Korea. In many ways this orientation process reminds me of being in the MTC, but believe me this is not as awesome as the MTC! This is pretty much the schedule each day. 7:30 breakfast 8:30am-8:00pm classes and our curfew is 11pm. Needless to say we are pretty busy. Luckily the classes are pretty interesting and helpful. So far we have had classes on teaching activities, curriculum, interacting with the staff, korean culture, korean history, just to name a few. We also have fun classes like fan making, painting and tae kwon do.  Here is a picture of my korean painting.

Ok, that's not really mine. That's the one the man teaching gave to us. Here is mine.
Yeah, I'll fit right in with elementary school art class. yikes

Anyway, so the classes are long but good and I'm learning a lot about the culture and history of Korea which is pretty cool. Also, I really am learning a ton about teaching. I kind of thought teaching little kids would be easy but I'm starting to realize there is a big challenge ahead and I'm pretty excited for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment